The ITK Illusion and the Paco Paradox

 


Just yesterday, I sat at this very keyboard and penned a rather moving, tear-stained tribute to the sad departure of our beloved Spanish tactical maestro, Paco Jémez. I captured the grief. I captured the existential dread. For a brief moment, I felt like the ultimate arbiter of East London footballing truth.

Then I woke up this morning, opened my phone, and received a digital reality check that hit harder than an unexpected Thursday night trip to Alkmaar.


Jumping the Gun (Spectacularly)

So, let us clarify a few things before the internet completely devours what remains of my dignity.

In fact, I didn't just jump the gun. I sprinted past it, crossed the finish line, lifted the trophy, and delivered a victory speech while the starter pistol was still being polished.

With that in mind, it's probably time to clarify some things and establish a few ground rules for this blog before I start looking like a complete plonker:

I am not an ITK 

I have no mysterious source. No bloke in a high-vis jacket whispering secrets through the Rush Green gates. No cousin's mate's dog walker feeding me transfer updates from the shadows.

I do not want to be an ITK

The pressure of pretending to know things sounds absolutely exhausting. My blood pressure and remaining sanity simply couldn't cope.

The Mission  

This is, and always will be, a fan site. A place built to bring a slice of self-deprecating humour to the absolute, unfiltered chaos that comes with supporting this football club.


The New Editorial Manifesto

In the interests of maintaining some semblance of journalistic integrity, and more importantly avoiding future public embarrassment, our approach to transfer and backroom staff reporting is getting a dramatic overhaul.

From this moment forward, Fortunes Always Hiding will rely on credible news sources and official club statements wherever possible. 

Should a particularly juicy rumour prove impossible to ignore, it will be clearly labelled RUMOUR, accompanied by its original source, and presented with the appropriate level of scepticism that years of supporting West Ham have carefully cultivated within us.

Apologies for any confusion caused.

Normal service, consisting of beautiful confusion, misplaced confidence, and ironic optimism, will now resume.

Apologetically. 

Comments

Popular Posts